Fascinating Mokume Gane pendant. Hand forged by master goldsmith Markus Wiesner.
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
production time 20 workdays
- Order number: C.Funa.925.3
- Artist: Markus Wiesner
Mokume Gane pendant Funa in palladium, yellow gold and silver.
The Mokume Gane pendant Funa (jap.: little ship), reminds in its shape of a small ship or canoe. The surface of the pendant bears a wonderfully patterned piece of blacksmithing by master goldsmith Markus Wiesner. 750 yellow gold, 500 palladium and 925 silver, fire-welded and carefully forged into a curved shuttle shape, come together here to form the root-wood-like mokume gane structure. The supporting and form-giving base of the pendant is crafted in 925 silver and protected against tarnishing by a layer of rhodium.
Features of the Mokume Gane Pendant Kora:
- Mokume Gane in yellow gold/750, palladium/500, silver/925.
- Pattern: root wood (may vary slightly with each unique piece)
- Surface glass matt
- Pendant dimensions: length: 25 mm, width: 10 mm
- Necklace: round omega in 925 silver with screw eyelet.
Advice on Mokume Gane jewelry
Order your Mokume Gane jewelry here directly in our webshop. However, we would also be happy to invite you to a personal consultation in our studio. If you have found us from a greater distance, we are also happy to advise you by phone. Just give us a call . We will also be happy to call you back if you leave us your phone number via the inquiry form.
Markus Wiesner | Master goldsmith and silversmith
- Born on 03.02.1973 in Ludwigsburg married, 1 child
- 1990-1992 Vocational school for goldsmiths in Pforzheim
- 1993-1994 Goldsmith Theile in Fellbach Apprenticeship as a goldsmith
- 1995-1998 Goldsmith Theile in Fellbach journeyman position
- 1999-2000 Master school at the goldsmith school in Pforzheim | graduation as master goldsmith and silversmith
- since 2001 Self-employed in the family business Goldschmiede Wiesner OHG
- 2006 Mokume Gane course in Pforzheim
- 2008 Damascus steel course with Fred Schmalz in Knetzgau
- 2010 Mokume Gane Happening at Ravstedhus in Denmark
Mokume Gane wedding rings from passion
Master goldsmith Markus Wiesner, is one of two owners of "Wiesner - Die Goldschmiede" and has been making Mokume Gane wedding rings and jewelry with enthusiasm and passion since 2006.
In doing so, Markus Wiesner has basically dedicated himself to the classical forging technique in the endless process. These Mokume Gane wedding rings, which are forged without a seam or butt joint, symbolize the unforgettable nature of love in a unique way.
The fact that the Mokume Gane wedding rings of "Wiesner - Die Goldschmiede" are offered in each case also with butt joint, serves only to make aware that there are differences in the quality. Since some offerers of these wedding rings manufacture and offer these with butt joint, and this is not always immediately obvious, the price however clearly more favorably precipitates, we place this in our presentation directly opposite.
The second owner of "Wiesner-Die Goldschmiede" is Michael Wiesner. As a trained businessman and business economist (VWA), he fills the area of photography, web design, product ideas and presentation, and marketing. In the area of idea generation, the collections of zodiac rings (2001) and mama rings (2004) are to his credit. He is also responsible for the discovery of the Mokume Gane technique as an interesting forging art for "Wiesner-Die Goldschmiede".