Camaru Mokume Gane wedding rings hand forged by Markus Wiesner in palladium and silver
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
production time 20 workdays
- Order number: Ringe.Camaru
- Artist: Markus Wiesner
- Pattern: Camaru
- Info: 9213140
A strong appearance - Mokume Gane wedding rings Camaru
This pair of Mokume Gane wedding rings Camaru, which you can view and try on during a consultation with us, like all Atelier rings, was forged with particularly strong layers of precious metal. At the same time, master goldsmith Markus Wiesner has greatly reduced the number of layers. This is how the very strong expression of the Mokume Gane on the wedding rings is created. In keeping with this, the rings were deliberately made very wide so that the mokume gane has as large a surface area as possible to present itself on. Of course, however, these rings can also be forged much narrower.
Almost regular image due to a large number of stars
There are quite different techniques of manufacture to realize the multitude of possible mokume gane patterns. In the torsion technique used here, after a few more intermediate steps, star-like patterns are formed on the outside of the wedding rings. The number of stars that appear here can be larger or smaller. In this particular pair of Iroko rings, a total of 6 stars show around the rings, which, together with the strong layers, creates an almost regular pattern. However, if you look closer, you can see that the fine details of the mokume gane differ from each other here as well.
The wedding rings Iroko at a glance
- 500 palladium | 925 silver
- 8,5 mm wide and 2,5 mm high
- strong pattern due to strong precious metal lines.
- Forged in endless process, without solder joint and pattern undercutting
- Ring widths 54 and 64
- The ring profile is slightly curved inside and outside
- can be tried in our atelier
Permanent pattern of Mokume Gane wedding rings
When it comes to structures and patterns on wedding rings, the question of whether the pattern remains permanently visible naturally arises again and again, and rightly so. While purely on the surface milled or inserted lines in classic wedding rings may wear off over time, this is not the case with Mokume Gane wedding rings. The layering of precious metals that creates the pattern runs completely through the entire ring cross-section. Of course, the pattern changes with increasing wear time and depending on the stress, but these changes are minimal and extend over a period of many years. Mokume Gane shows its lively side here.
Our quality standard:
- Seamless rings | We exclusively forge rings with seamless circumferential pattern. Endless - a wonderful symbolism especially for wedding rings.
- Mokume through and through | Wiesner wedding rings are not made by soldering on thin mokume sheets, but exclusively from full layer material.
- No cracks or pores | Wiesner wedding rings have neither cracks nor pores on the surface.
Our service for you:
- Ring width service | You will receive a ring measurement from us for the exact determination of the width.
- Rings do not fit completely | If you contact us one week after receiving your Wiesner wedding rings, we will adjust them again for you free of charge. (1-2 widths)
- Refurbishment service | We will refurbish your rings on request 1 x per year free of charge for you. Excluding postage costs.
Markus Wiesner | Master goldsmith and silversmith
- Born on 03.02.1973 in Ludwigsburg married, 1 child
- 1990-1992 Vocational school for goldsmiths in Pforzheim
- 1993-1994 Goldsmith Theile in Fellbach Apprenticeship as a goldsmith
- 1995-1998 Goldsmith Theile in Fellbach journeyman position
- 1999-2000 Master school at the goldsmith school in Pforzheim | graduation as master goldsmith and silversmith
- since 2001 Self-employed in the family business Goldschmiede Wiesner OHG
- 2006 Mokume Gane course in Pforzheim
- 2008 Damascus steel course with Fred Schmalz in Knetzgau
- 2010 Mokume Gane Happening at Ravstedhus in Denmark
Mokume Gane wedding rings from passion
Master goldsmith Markus Wiesner, is one of two owners of "Wiesner - Die Goldschmiede" and has been making Mokume Gane wedding rings and jewelry with enthusiasm and passion since 2006.
In doing so, Markus Wiesner has basically dedicated himself to the classical forging technique in the endless process. These Mokume Gane wedding rings, which are forged without a seam or butt joint, symbolize the unforgettable nature of love in a unique way.
The fact that the Mokume Gane wedding rings of "Wiesner - Die Goldschmiede" are offered in each case also with butt joint, serves only to make aware that there are differences in the quality. Since some offerers of these wedding rings manufacture and offer these with butt joint, and this is not always immediately obvious, the price however clearly more favorably precipitates, we place this in our presentation directly opposite.
The second owner of "Wiesner-Die Goldschmiede" is Michael Wiesner. As a trained businessman and business economist (VWA), he fills the area of photography, web design, product ideas and presentation, and marketing. In the area of idea generation, the collections of zodiac rings (2001) and mama rings (2004) are to his credit. He is also responsible for the discovery of the Mokume Gane technique as an interesting forging art for "Wiesner-Die Goldschmiede".