A great idea to make your mother or wife happy on her birthday. A Mum Ring in Mokume Gane
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
production time 28 workdays
- Order number: R.MAMA.MOKUME
- Artist: Markus Wiesner
The special gift for the mother for the birth
Of course, we can also engrave the mothers' names in a Mokume Gane ring. For this very special gift for the mother, it is very important that the structure is not too coarse. Otherwise the names would be too difficult to recognise. We have set the following patterns as available in advance.
Markus Wiesner | Master goldsmith and silversmith
- Born on 03.02.1973 in Ludwigsburg married, 1 child
- 1990-1992 Vocational school for goldsmiths in Pforzheim
- 1993-1994 Goldsmith Theile in Fellbach Apprenticeship as a goldsmith
- 1995-1998 Goldsmith Theile in Fellbach journeyman position
- 1999-2000 Master school at the goldsmith school in Pforzheim | graduation as master goldsmith and silversmith
- since 2001 Self-employed in the family business Goldschmiede Wiesner OHG
- 2006 Mokume Gane course in Pforzheim
- 2008 Damascus steel course with Fred Schmalz in Knetzgau
- 2010 Mokume Gane Happening at Ravstedhus in Denmark
Mokume Gane wedding rings from passion
Master goldsmith Markus Wiesner, is one of two owners of "Wiesner - Die Goldschmiede" and has been making Mokume Gane wedding rings and jewelry with enthusiasm and passion since 2006.
In doing so, Markus Wiesner has basically dedicated himself to the classical forging technique in the endless process. These Mokume Gane wedding rings, which are forged without a seam or butt joint, symbolize the unforgettable nature of love in a unique way.
The fact that the Mokume Gane wedding rings of "Wiesner - Die Goldschmiede" are offered in each case also with butt joint, serves only to make aware that there are differences in the quality. Since some offerers of these wedding rings manufacture and offer these with butt joint, and this is not always immediately obvious, the price however clearly more favorably precipitates, we place this in our presentation directly opposite.
The second owner of "Wiesner-Die Goldschmiede" is Michael Wiesner. As a trained businessman and business economist (VWA), he fills the area of photography, web design, product ideas and presentation, and marketing. In the area of idea generation, the collections of zodiac rings (2001) and mama rings (2004) are to his credit. He is also responsible for the discovery of the Mokume Gane technique as an interesting forging art for "Wiesner-Die Goldschmiede".
The ring sizes refer to the circumference inside the ring. If only the inner diameter is known, this can be multiplied by the number Pi (3.14). The result is the inner circumference.
Ring width unknown? No problem.
You can measure the inner diameter of a suitable ring with a digital caliper. The result multiplied by 3.14 as described above gives the inner circumference. Since there are usually odd results, you must then round to a full measurement. Putting a ring on a tape measure unfortunately gives too inaccurate results.
A ring gauge can be borrowed for 15 Euro postage and return postage within Germany. Please select this instead of the ring size. We will correct the ring size surcharge, if applicable, after the order has been placed and we have received the correct ring size.
The individual templates can be uploaded in the configurator. The easiest way is to write the names with a biro or another thin pen on a sheet of paper and photograph it with your mobile phone.
Felt-tip pens are unsuitable, as the solid line thickness makes the central lines more difficult to recognise.
All names can be written on one sheet of paper and uploaded as a photo. Several photos with the individual names are also possible.
This is how we arrange the names and diamonds:
- With 1 name + 1 diamond: diamond - name | rest of the ring remains free.
- With 2 names + 1 diamond: name - diamond - name | There is room for another name + 1-2 diamonds at the bottom of the ring
- With 2 names + 2 diamonds: Diamond - Name - Diamond - Name | Space for another name + diamonds remains on the underside of the ring
- With 3 names + 3 diamonds: Diamond - Name - Diamond - Name - Diamond - Name | The ring is occupied all the way around
- With 4 names + 4 diamonds: Diamond - Name - Diamond - Name - Diamond - Name - Diamond - Name | The ring is then circumferentially occupied
The same applies to rings without diamonds. If you have other wishes, please send us a short message when ordering.