Hand-forged Mokume Gane meets plain silver. 3 precious metals combine expressively.
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
production time 14 workdays
- Order number: R.gongu.925.3
- Artist: Markus Wiesner
- Info: Unikat | Mokume Gane Muster variiert
Ring Gongu - Expressive in Mokume Gane Design
Mokume Gane Ring Gongu in palladium, yellow gold and silver
Like all the jewellery in the "Mokume Silver" collection designed by Michael Wiesner, the Mokume Gane Ring Gongu (jap.: Gong) has a basic design in 925 silver. On top, the Mokume Gane is expressively presented in the precious metals yellow gold 750, palladium 500 and silver 925. The Mokume Gane patterned parts of the Mokume Silver collection are of course welded, patterned and forged by master goldsmith Markus Wiesner.
The lower part of the ring, which is made of silver, i.e. the entire ring band, is galvanically tarnish-protected with a rhodium layer after finishing. Although this wears off a little over time, it can always be reapplied.
Features of the Mokume Gane Ring Gongu
- Mokume Gane in yellow gold/750, palladium/500, silver/925
- Pattern: root wood (may vary slightly with each unique piece)
- Surface: glass matt, silver part rhodium plated
- Ring dimensions: Diameter at the top: 20 mm, Ring thickness at the bottom and sides: 1.75 mm, Ring height over the finger: 7 mm
Advice on Mokume Gane jewellery
You are welcome to order your Mokume Gane jewellery directly here in the webshop. However, we cordially invite you to visit our studio for a personal consultation. If you have found us from a greater distance, we are also happy to advise you by telephone. Just give us a call . We will also be happy to call you back if you leave us your telephone number in the enquiry form.
Markus Wiesner | Master goldsmith and silversmith
- Born on 03.02.1973 in Ludwigsburg married, 1 child
- 1990-1992 Vocational school for goldsmiths in Pforzheim
- 1993-1994 Goldsmith Theile in Fellbach Apprenticeship as a goldsmith
- 1995-1998 Goldsmith Theile in Fellbach journeyman position
- 1999-2000 Master school at the goldsmith school in Pforzheim | graduation as master goldsmith and silversmith
- since 2001 Self-employed in the family business Goldschmiede Wiesner OHG
- 2006 Mokume Gane course in Pforzheim
- 2008 Damascus steel course with Fred Schmalz in Knetzgau
- 2010 Mokume Gane Happening at Ravstedhus in Denmark
Mokume Gane wedding rings from passion
Master goldsmith Markus Wiesner, is one of two owners of "Wiesner - Die Goldschmiede" and has been making Mokume Gane wedding rings and jewelry with enthusiasm and passion since 2006.
In doing so, Markus Wiesner has basically dedicated himself to the classical forging technique in the endless process. These Mokume Gane wedding rings, which are forged without a seam or butt joint, symbolize the unforgettable nature of love in a unique way.
The fact that the Mokume Gane wedding rings of "Wiesner - Die Goldschmiede" are offered in each case also with butt joint, serves only to make aware that there are differences in the quality. Since some offerers of these wedding rings manufacture and offer these with butt joint, and this is not always immediately obvious, the price however clearly more favorably precipitates, we place this in our presentation directly opposite.
The second owner of "Wiesner-Die Goldschmiede" is Michael Wiesner. As a trained businessman and business economist (VWA), he fills the area of photography, web design, product ideas and presentation, and marketing. In the area of idea generation, the collections of zodiac rings (2001) and mama rings (2004) are to his credit. He is also responsible for the discovery of the Mokume Gane technique as an interesting forging art for "Wiesner-Die Goldschmiede".