Rich in contrast, the Mokume Gane shows itself in 3 precious metals on the silver base ring. Yellow gold, palladium and silver conjure up the pattern here.
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
production time 14 workdays
- Order number: R.kora.925.3
- Artist: Markus Wiesner
- Info: Unikat | Mokume Gane Muster variiert
Ring Kora - Mokume Gane on plain silver
Mokume Gane Ring Kora in palladium, yellow gold and silver
The Mokume Gane ring Kora (Japanese for shield) is also part of the "Mokume Silver" collection designed by Michael Wiesner. The simple form of a shield presents the liveliness of Mokume Gane art in a charming way. The slightly curved top of the ring bears a Mokume Gane piece, which is welded and patterned by master goldsmith Markus Wiesner from the precious metals yellow gold 750, palladium 500 and silver 925. Forging and rolling then produces the sometimes more, sometimes less lively unique pattern.
The entire ring rail, i.e. the lower part of the ring, is made of silver 925. After the matt finish, the surface is also protected against tarnishing with a layer of rhodium. The rhodium wears off a little over time, but can be galvanically reapplied by us at any time.
The Mokume Gane ring Kora in prose
- Mokume Gane in yellow gold/750, palladium/500, silver/925
- Pattern: root wood (may vary slightly with each unique piece)
- Surface: glass matt, silver part rhodium plated
- Ring dimensions: Dimensions at the top: 19 x 13 mm, Ring thickness at the bottom and sides: 1,35 mm, Ring height over the finger: 5 mm
Advice on Mokume Gane jewellery
You are welcome to order your Mokume Gane jewellery directly here in the webshop. However, we cordially invite you to visit our studio for a personal consultation. If you have found us from a greater distance, we are also happy to advise you by telephone. Just give us a call . We will also be happy to call you back if you leave us your telephone number in the enquiry form.
Markus Wiesner | Master goldsmith and silversmith
- Born on 03.02.1973 in Ludwigsburg married, 1 child
- 1990-1992 Vocational school for goldsmiths in Pforzheim
- 1993-1994 Goldsmith Theile in Fellbach Apprenticeship as a goldsmith
- 1995-1998 Goldsmith Theile in Fellbach journeyman position
- 1999-2000 Master school at the goldsmith school in Pforzheim | graduation as master goldsmith and silversmith
- since 2001 Self-employed in the family business Goldschmiede Wiesner OHG
- 2006 Mokume Gane course in Pforzheim
- 2008 Damascus steel course with Fred Schmalz in Knetzgau
- 2010 Mokume Gane Happening at Ravstedhus in Denmark
Mokume Gane wedding rings from passion
Master goldsmith Markus Wiesner, is one of two owners of "Wiesner - Die Goldschmiede" and has been making Mokume Gane wedding rings and jewelry with enthusiasm and passion since 2006.
In doing so, Markus Wiesner has basically dedicated himself to the classical forging technique in the endless process. These Mokume Gane wedding rings, which are forged without a seam or butt joint, symbolize the unforgettable nature of love in a unique way.
The fact that the Mokume Gane wedding rings of "Wiesner - Die Goldschmiede" are offered in each case also with butt joint, serves only to make aware that there are differences in the quality. Since some offerers of these wedding rings manufacture and offer these with butt joint, and this is not always immediately obvious, the price however clearly more favorably precipitates, we place this in our presentation directly opposite.
The second owner of "Wiesner-Die Goldschmiede" is Michael Wiesner. As a trained businessman and business economist (VWA), he fills the area of photography, web design, product ideas and presentation, and marketing. In the area of idea generation, the collections of zodiac rings (2001) and mama rings (2004) are to his credit. He is also responsible for the discovery of the Mokume Gane technique as an interesting forging art for "Wiesner-Die Goldschmiede".