Funa | Rank and Slim | Mokume Gane Clasp Pendant for Pearl Necklaces or Gemstone Necklaces
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
production time 21 workdays
- Order number: SCH.Funa.3c
- Artist: Markus Wiesner
- Info: Unikat | Mokume Gane Muster variiert
Pearl clasp pendant made in Mokume Gane technique
The pearl clasp Funa, made in Mokume Gane technique, can be worn in pearl necklaces as well as in necklaces with gemstones as a clasp. So-called pearl clasps or chain clasps are pendant pieces of jewellery that are made as a clasp for a necklace and are worn at the front of the décolleté. A special feature of this clasp, as of all our other clasps shown here, is that the front is decorated with a mokume gane. The Mokume Gane is welded and patterned from several different coloured precious metals by master goldsmith Markus Wiesner. In the process, each individual piece of Mokume Gane is created as an absolutely unique piece which, although similar, can never be produced identically again.
Mokume Gane pendant clasp Funa at a glance
- Mokume Gane in yellow gold/750, palladium/500, silver/925
- Pendant back: Palladium 500
- Pattern: grain (may vary slightly with each unique piece)
- Surface: glass matt or matte
- Pendant dimensions: length: 25 mm, width: 10 mm
- Mechanism: Ball head
- Pearl necklace is not included in the price.
Further clasps pendants in Mokume Gane technique
In addition to the Funa pendant, the Mokume Gane clasp collection also includes the Kora, Gongu and Kokoro pearl clasps, which we make with and without diamonds.
Advice on Mokume Gane jewellery
Order your Mokume Gane jewellery directly in our webshop. However, we would also be happy to invite you to a personal consultation in our studio. If you have found us from a greater distance, we are also happy to advise you by telephone. Just give us a call . We will also be happy to call you back if you leave us your telephone number via the enquiry form.
Markus Wiesner | Master goldsmith and silversmith
- Born on 03.02.1973 in Ludwigsburg married, 1 child
- 1990-1992 Vocational school for goldsmiths in Pforzheim
- 1993-1994 Goldsmith Theile in Fellbach Apprenticeship as a goldsmith
- 1995-1998 Goldsmith Theile in Fellbach journeyman position
- 1999-2000 Master school at the goldsmith school in Pforzheim | graduation as master goldsmith and silversmith
- since 2001 Self-employed in the family business Goldschmiede Wiesner OHG
- 2006 Mokume Gane course in Pforzheim
- 2008 Damascus steel course with Fred Schmalz in Knetzgau
- 2010 Mokume Gane Happening at Ravstedhus in Denmark
Mokume Gane wedding rings from passion
Master goldsmith Markus Wiesner, is one of two owners of "Wiesner - Die Goldschmiede" and has been making Mokume Gane wedding rings and jewelry with enthusiasm and passion since 2006.
In doing so, Markus Wiesner has basically dedicated himself to the classical forging technique in the endless process. These Mokume Gane wedding rings, which are forged without a seam or butt joint, symbolize the unforgettable nature of love in a unique way.
The fact that the Mokume Gane wedding rings of "Wiesner - Die Goldschmiede" are offered in each case also with butt joint, serves only to make aware that there are differences in the quality. Since some offerers of these wedding rings manufacture and offer these with butt joint, and this is not always immediately obvious, the price however clearly more favorably precipitates, we place this in our presentation directly opposite.
The second owner of "Wiesner-Die Goldschmiede" is Michael Wiesner. As a trained businessman and business economist (VWA), he fills the area of photography, web design, product ideas and presentation, and marketing. In the area of idea generation, the collections of zodiac rings (2001) and mama rings (2004) are to his credit. He is also responsible for the discovery of the Mokume Gane technique as an interesting forging art for "Wiesner-Die Goldschmiede".