The Mokume Gane Ring Funa is slender and slender with its 3-coloured Mokume Gane top.
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
production time 14 workdays
- Order number: R.funa.925.3
- Artist: Markus Wiesner
- Info: Unikat | Mokume Gane Muster variiert
Ring Funa - Slim and Slender
Mokume Gane Ring Funa in palladium, yellow gold and silver
The Mokume Gane Ring Funa (jap.: little ship), designed by Michael Wiesner, shows itself in a very slender way. The mokume gane on the top of the ring is welded and patterned by master goldsmith Markus Wiesner from 750 yellow gold, 500 palladium and 925 silver in the old Japanese tradition. By forging and rolling, he then brings out the very individual Mokume Gane pattern. Sometimes it appears wild, sometimes a little more simple, but always very individual and striking in its liveliness.
The basic ring is of course also made in our goldsmith's workshop by Markus Wiesner in 925 silver. After the application of the matt finish, the Funa ring, like all the jewellery in the "Mokume Silver" collection, receives an electroplated rhodium layer which protects the ring from tarnishing. This layer may wear off over time, depending on the wearer's habits, but we can always reapply it.
The Mokume Gane Ring Funa | Details
- Mokume Gane in yellow gold/750, palladium/500, silver/925
- Pattern: root wood (may vary slightly with each unique piece)
- Surface: glass matt, silver part rhodium plated
- Ring dimensions: Dimensions at the top: 20 x 6,5 mm, ring thickness at the bottom: 2,2 mm and at the sides: 2,4 mm, ring height over the finger: 5 mm
Advice on Mokume Gane jewellery
You are welcome to order your Mokume Gane jewellery directly here in the webshop. However, we cordially invite you to visit our studio for a personal consultation. If you have found us from a greater distance, we are also happy to advise you by telephone. Just give us a call . We will also be happy to call you back if you leave us your telephone number in the enquiry form.
Markus Wiesner | Master goldsmith and silversmith
- Born on 03.02.1973 in Ludwigsburg married, 1 child
- 1990-1992 Vocational school for goldsmiths in Pforzheim
- 1993-1994 Goldsmith Theile in Fellbach Apprenticeship as a goldsmith
- 1995-1998 Goldsmith Theile in Fellbach journeyman position
- 1999-2000 Master school at the goldsmith school in Pforzheim | graduation as master goldsmith and silversmith
- since 2001 Self-employed in the family business Goldschmiede Wiesner OHG
- 2006 Mokume Gane course in Pforzheim
- 2008 Damascus steel course with Fred Schmalz in Knetzgau
- 2010 Mokume Gane Happening at Ravstedhus in Denmark
Mokume Gane wedding rings from passion
Master goldsmith Markus Wiesner, is one of two owners of "Wiesner - Die Goldschmiede" and has been making Mokume Gane wedding rings and jewelry with enthusiasm and passion since 2006.
In doing so, Markus Wiesner has basically dedicated himself to the classical forging technique in the endless process. These Mokume Gane wedding rings, which are forged without a seam or butt joint, symbolize the unforgettable nature of love in a unique way.
The fact that the Mokume Gane wedding rings of "Wiesner - Die Goldschmiede" are offered in each case also with butt joint, serves only to make aware that there are differences in the quality. Since some offerers of these wedding rings manufacture and offer these with butt joint, and this is not always immediately obvious, the price however clearly more favorably precipitates, we place this in our presentation directly opposite.
The second owner of "Wiesner-Die Goldschmiede" is Michael Wiesner. As a trained businessman and business economist (VWA), he fills the area of photography, web design, product ideas and presentation, and marketing. In the area of idea generation, the collections of zodiac rings (2001) and mama rings (2004) are to his credit. He is also responsible for the discovery of the Mokume Gane technique as an interesting forging art for "Wiesner-Die Goldschmiede".