Grandiose look due to deep etching and blackening of the silver mokume gane layers of these Iroko wedding rings.
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready to ship today,
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays
- Order number: Ringe.Iroko.schwarz.3
- Artist: Markus Wiesner
- Pattern: Iroko
- Info: Pair price | widths 54 + 64
- Info: Atelier rings to try on | Please allow 4-6 weeks for new fabrication.
Black wedding rings | Long in trend | Now also in Mokume Gane
As an answer to a multitude of black materials such as carbon, tantalum, or ceramic, we have developed a pair of wedding rings based on our wedding ring model Iroko, in which the silver layers are blackened. Since blackening silver is a patina, it can fade somewhat in everyday wear, depending on the strain. To delay this process as much as possible, the silver is well below the surface of the ring.
Why not wedding rings made of tantalum, or carbon?
Since it is one of the essential characteristics of wedding rings that they can be adapted to changing ring sizes in the course of life, we have remained with the familiar and proven precious metal. Subsequent changes to the ring widths are not possible at all with carbon rings, and only to a limited extent with tantalum.
Iroko black wedding rings and their characteristics
- Materials: Palladium and silver
- Ring size and width: made to measure
- Ring widths can be changed later
- Silver can be re-blackened
- Seamless production | all-round pattern
Markus Wiesner | Master goldsmith and silversmith
- Born on 03.02.1973 in Ludwigsburg married, 1 child
- 1990-1992 Vocational school for goldsmiths in Pforzheim
- 1993-1994 Goldsmith Theile in Fellbach Apprenticeship as a goldsmith
- 1995-1998 Goldsmith Theile in Fellbach journeyman position
- 1999-2000 Master school at the goldsmith school in Pforzheim | graduation as master goldsmith and silversmith
- since 2001 Self-employed in the family business Goldschmiede Wiesner OHG
- 2006 Mokume Gane course in Pforzheim
- 2008 Damascus steel course with Fred Schmalz in Knetzgau
- 2010 Mokume Gane Happening at Ravstedhus in Denmark
Mokume Gane wedding rings from passion
Master goldsmith Markus Wiesner, is one of two owners of "Wiesner - Die Goldschmiede" and has been making Mokume Gane wedding rings and jewelry with enthusiasm and passion since 2006.
In doing so, Markus Wiesner has basically dedicated himself to the classical forging technique in the endless process. These Mokume Gane wedding rings, which are forged without a seam or butt joint, symbolize the unforgettable nature of love in a unique way.
The fact that the Mokume Gane wedding rings of "Wiesner - Die Goldschmiede" are offered in each case also with butt joint, serves only to make aware that there are differences in the quality. Since some offerers of these wedding rings manufacture and offer these with butt joint, and this is not always immediately obvious, the price however clearly more favorably precipitates, we place this in our presentation directly opposite.
The second owner of "Wiesner-Die Goldschmiede" is Michael Wiesner. As a trained businessman and business economist (VWA), he fills the area of photography, web design, product ideas and presentation, and marketing. In the area of idea generation, the collections of zodiac rings (2001) and mama rings (2004) are to his credit. He is also responsible for the discovery of the Mokume Gane technique as an interesting forging art for "Wiesner-Die Goldschmiede".