The Mokume Gane wedding rings design variant Garapa. Four colors arranged in the classic Mokume pattern. Of course, also individually changeable.
Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
production time 30 workdays
- Order number: R.965
- Artist: Markus Wiesner | Master Goldsmith
- Pattern: Garapa
- Info: Width: 6mm | Profile height: 2 mm
- Info: Pair price | widths 54 + 64
Mokume Gane wedding rings Garapa - hand forged by Markus Wiesner
A wonderful pair of unique wedding rings, hand forged in the Japanese forging technique Mokume Gane. The Garapa pattern, which is named after a type of wood from South America, features a wonderful wood-like texture created by the patterning process during handcrafted production. The precious metals of yellow gold, palladium, rose gold and silver run diagonally across the rings, forming slightly larger areas of palladium between the lines. At your special request, the angle of the oblique lines can be influenced by master goldsmith Markus Wiesner. The classic Garapa pattern can also be found in the Hanzu Garapa engagement ring and in the Garapa men's bracelet.
The wedding rings Garapa in detail:
- Materials: yellow gold/750, red gold/585, palladium/500, silver/925
- Ring widths: 4 mm to 14 mm | the picture shows 6 mm width
- Ring height: 1.8 mm to 3.0 mm | picture shows 2 mm profile height
- Widths: Are custom made from 45 to 76.
- Profile: from flat to strongly domed | the picture shows slightly domed outside, domed inside
- Surface: etched and glass matt
- Diamonds: can be realized as fine lines or as single stones in round square or any other cut shape
Mokume Gane wedding rings and diamonds
The Mokume Gane works for itself and has its own unique language. It is not easy to use diamonds in such a way that the pattern and expression of the Mokume Gane wedding ring are not disturbed. For this reason, we have developed a very special way of arranging diamonds. Small, flawless diamonds with a diameter of one millimeter fit harmoniously into the picture of the Mokume Gane. In this way, the expression of the Mokume Gane pattern is additionally emphasized by the diamonds.
Markus Wiesner | Master goldsmith and silversmith
- Born on 03.02.1973 in Ludwigsburg married, 1 child
- 1990-1992 Vocational school for goldsmiths in Pforzheim
- 1993-1994 Goldsmith Theile in Fellbach Apprenticeship as a goldsmith
- 1995-1998 Goldsmith Theile in Fellbach journeyman position
- 1999-2000 Master school at the goldsmith school in Pforzheim | graduation as master goldsmith and silversmith
- since 2001 Self-employed in the family business Goldschmiede Wiesner OHG
- 2006 Mokume Gane course in Pforzheim
- 2008 Damascus steel course with Fred Schmalz in Knetzgau
- 2010 Mokume Gane Happening at Ravstedhus in Denmark
Mokume Gane wedding rings from passion
Master goldsmith Markus Wiesner, is one of two owners of "Wiesner - Die Goldschmiede" and has been making Mokume Gane wedding rings and jewelry with enthusiasm and passion since 2006.
In doing so, Markus Wiesner has basically dedicated himself to the classical forging technique in the endless process. These Mokume Gane wedding rings, which are forged without a seam or butt joint, symbolize the unforgettable nature of love in a unique way.
The fact that the Mokume Gane wedding rings of "Wiesner - Die Goldschmiede" are offered in each case also with butt joint, serves only to make aware that there are differences in the quality. Since some offerers of these wedding rings manufacture and offer these with butt joint, and this is not always immediately obvious, the price however clearly more favorably precipitates, we place this in our presentation directly opposite.
The second owner of "Wiesner-Die Goldschmiede" is Michael Wiesner. As a trained businessman and business economist (VWA), he fills the area of photography, web design, product ideas and presentation, and marketing. In the area of idea generation, the collections of zodiac rings (2001) and mama rings (2004) are to his credit. He is also responsible for the discovery of the Mokume Gane technique as an interesting forging art for "Wiesner-Die Goldschmiede".
Our quality standard:
- Seamless rings | We exclusively forge rings with seamless circumferential pattern. Endless - a wonderful symbolism especially for wedding rings.
- Mokume through and through | Wiesner wedding rings are not made by soldering on thin mokume sheets, but exclusively from full layer material.
- No cracks and pores | Wiesner wedding rings have neither cracks nor pores on the surface.
Our service for you:
- Ring width service | You will receive a ring measurement from us for the exact determination of the width.
- Rings do not fit completely | If you contact us one week after receiving your Wiesner wedding rings, we will adjust them again for you free of charge. (1-2 widths)
- Refurbishment service | We will refurbish your rings on request 1 x per year free of charge for you. Excluding postage costs.